Reach Code of Ethics
Each participant in the ReachTM mentoring program agrees to the following:
- Participation – of both parties – is voluntary and at no cost.
- We will be honest with each other about how the mentoring relationship is working. Both parties are responsible for informing the program Coach if they feel the connection is not being effective.
- We commit to use the mentoring system periodically to update the progress and give feedback on the mentoring sessions.
- We will respect each other’s time and other responsibilities, ensuring we do not impose beyond what is reasonable.
- We will meet and communicate in a mutually agreed upon pattern/time frame.
- We will not make any promises that we cannot keep.
- We will maintain confidence to the extent possible without violating the law or ethical principles.
- We will keep in mind our commitment to always act in the best interest of each other.
- At all times we will operate within the limits of our own competence. We will recognize where that competence has the potential to be exceeded and where needed refer to a more experienced practitioner if necessary.
- We will avoid any impropriety, or appearance of impropriety.
- We will be aware of the potential for conflicts of interest of either a commercial or emotional nature to arise through the mentoring relationship and deal with them quickly and effectively.
- Termination of the program, by either party, before its ends and without a valid reason necessitates paying an exit fee of AED 1000, partly reimbursing the expenses incurred by ReachTM.
- We understand that professional responsibilities continue beyond the termination
of any mentoring relationship. These include the following:
- Maintenance of agreed confidentiality of all information
- Avoidance of any exploitation of the former relationship
- Safe and secure maintenance of all related records and data
- We will never present the work and views of each other as our own